Program Evaluation Plan Part 1: The Clinical Program
In your role as a consultant who has been hired to evaluate a clinical mental health counseling program, you will describe the hypothetical program you will be planning to evaluate. Because this course project, Program Evaluation Plan, is a simulation, you will not actually be evaluating a program; instead, you will create a fictitious but plausible program with hypothetical stakeholders, clients, interventions, and measures. It may be similar to one in your community, or it may be one that you would like to design someday.
For this assignment, Program Evaluation Plan Part 1: The Clinical Program, use the Unit 4 Assignment Template linked in Resources to write an introduction and a description of the program to be evaluated, including the vision and mission, clinical interventions, stakeholders, and short- and long-term outcomes of the program.
You will need to:
• Establish your research base for the program evaluation by reviewing published evaluations and relevant research. Critique how the research and the program evaluations inform the practices of similar programs. This is the basis of your literature review.
• Select, justify, and apply a model of evaluation you will use in your program evaluation.
• Describe your plan for needs assessment, including culturally sensitive strategies for conducting the assessment.
• Identify ethical standards that apply to program evaluations and discuss how you will ensure they are met.
To achieve a successful project experience and outcome, you must use the Unit 4 Assignment Template and include the following sections for Part 1:
• Title Page.
• Introduction and Description of Program (approximately one page).
• Literature Review (approximately two pages).
• Program Evaluation Model Selected (approximately one page).
• Needs Assessment (approximately one page).
• Ethical and Evaluation Standards (approximately one page).
Additionally, your paper must meet the following requirements:
• Length: 5–7 typed, double-spaced pages, in addition to a title page and reference page.
• Written communication: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and professional.
o Your writing should be:
o Concise and logically organized.
o Free of errors in grammar and mechanics.
o Be written in third person.
o Times New Roman, 12-point font.
• Validation and support: Include scholarly references to support your ideas about research on the kind of program you are evaluating (population, clinical focus, counseling approach), and program evaluation procedures (program evaluation model, needs assessment, ethical and cultural considerations). These resources should not include the resources found in the course.
• APA format: Format all citations and references in accordance with current APA guidelines. Refer to the Evidence and APA Campus page for guidance.
Portfolio Prompt: You may choose to save this learning activity to your ePortfolio.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
• Competency 1: Apply models and principles of needs assessment and evaluation to the design of a proposal for a counseling program evaluation.
o Describe the clinical program that will be evaluated, including its vision and mission, clinical interventions, and its short- and long-term goals.
o Apply an appropriate model of program evaluation to the design of the program evaluation proposal.
• Competency 2: Apply ethical and culturally relevant strategies to plan a counseling program evaluation.
o Identify culturally sensitive strategies to apply when planning a needs assessment.
• Competency 3: Synthesize strategies for communicating results to other professionals into a proposal for a counseling program evaluation.
o Establish the research base for the program by reviewing published studies and critiquing how these research studies and program evaluations inform current practices in similar programs.
• Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is consistent with expectations of a mental health counseling professional.
o Identify ethical and legal standards to apply when designing a program evaluation.
o Convey purpose in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly writing standards.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.