Written Assignment – Compare and Contrast Feminist Perspectives
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Module 04 Content
Top of Form
For this assignment, you will write a 3-page compare and contrast paper on two of the authors from this week’s reading or video. Be sure to give equal weight to each author. You may include some background information on your authors, especially if their backgrounds impacted their subject matter. When writing about short stories, you do not want to simply restate the plot or events in the story, but instead, focus on the details of how each author handled the theme of the story. In this case, you might want to examine how the author explored gender roles in the time period of the story. Remember, this may not be in the same period as the author is writing but could be a different period in history.
Ideas to consider when comparing and contrasting (these are not required, just suggested):
· Do both stories reflect the same theme? If not, what is the theme of each story?
· What are the characters’ conflicts? How does each character resolve that conflict or do they?
· Are there any epiphanies? (An epiphany is where the character changes as a result of the conflict)
· What about symbolism? Are any major symbols or metaphorical images used?
Use quotes and lines from the work to illustrate your points with in-text citations as needed. Use a References page to list your resources, including the assigned readings. You may use the Autumn Gem video as an outside resource if you choose to select Qiu Jin for one of the authors for your compare and contrast paper this week as well. Use the Study Guide tab on the video for more questions to guide your writing this week, if needed.
Bottom of Form
This week Readings books and authors
Activity Time: 8 hours
· 40 Short Stories: A Portable Anthology
· “Happy Endings” by Margaret Atwood
· “A Modern Marriage” by Grace Oluseyi
· “Birdsong” by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
· Browdy de Hernandez, J. (2010). African women writing resistance: An anthology of contemporary voices. University of Wisconsin Press.
· “Woman Weep No More” by Sibongile Mtungwa
· Spencer, R., & Ortiz, J. (2014). All about skin: Short fiction by women of color. University of Wisconsin Press.
· “Fairness” by Chinelo Okparanta
· Haddon, M. (2003). The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. Read last 75 pages (Cloud Library edition)
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.