Theories of Social Psychology
Project One Template
Complete this template by replacing the bracketed text with the relevant information.
Part One: Analyzing the Socio-Psychological Foundations of Conformity
Analyze the socio-psychological factors that influence our tendency to conform to group pressure. In your analysis, address each of the following rubric criteria in 3 to 5 sentences:
1. Describe the difference between acceptance, compliance, and obedience, and provide examples of how these concepts present within the group dynamic.
2. Describe the difference between normative influence and informational influence, and provide examples of how these concepts impact the group dynamic.
3. Describe why cognitive dissonance is not always easy to recognize in ourselves.
4. Describe ways to reduce cognitive dissonance and shift to a state of cognitive consonance in the group setting.
5. Describe the factors that may impact a person’s ability or desire to deviate from the norm and choose not to conform to group pressure.
Part Two: Reflecting On the Conformity Experience
Reflect upon an authentic experience that occurred either at home, in school, at work, or within the greater community, in which you or someone you know conformed to the majority opinion. In your reflection, address each of the following rubric criteria in 3 to 5 sentences:
1. Describe the influence of unanimity on the tendency of group members to conform to the majority opinion.
2. Describe the influence of cohesion on the tendency of group members to conform to the majority opinion.
3. Describe the influence of status on the tendency of group members to conform to the majority opinion.
Part Three: Integrating the Negative and Positive Aspects of Conformity Within the Group Dynamic
Integrate and apply your knowledge of conformity, which can result in both negative and positive outcomes on group collaboration. In your response, address each of the following rubric criteria in one paragraph:
1. Describe the negative effects of conformity on group collaboration. Include the potential impact of conformity on each of the following:
A. The motivation of group members
B. The identity and individuality of group members
C. The perceptions of fairness toward group members
D. The creativity and diversity of ideas of group members
2. Describe the positive effects of conformity on group collaboration. Include the potential impact of conformity on each of the following:
A. The cohesiveness of group members
B. The intergroup harmony between group members
C. The productivity level of group members
D. The learning amongst group members
3. Using the various socio-psychological concepts examined in this project to support your position, share three recommendations for optimizing the group collaboration experience.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.