· On the basis of what you learned in the readings, define the terms “sample” and “population” and describe some of the advantages and disadvantages of using a sample compared to a population. Support your reasoning with examples.
· A researcher is studying the effects of caffeine on exam scores of college students. In this study:
· What would be the population and sample of this research Extrapolate your views of the advantages and disadvantages of samples and populations to this example.
· Why would the researcher want to use a sample or a population in this study
· When responding to your classmates’ posts, comment on the examples that they provided to illustrate the advantages and disadvantages of a sample compared to a population. What advantages and disadvantages can you add
· Do you agree with your classmates regarding what should be used in this study—a sample or a population, Comment on the reasons they provided and explain why you agree or disagree with them.
The critical piece here is that the sample must represent the population.
If my population is high school students in Florida and my population comes from the local high school, does the sample represent the same kids as those who attend high school in Miami on the other side of the state, Probably not. If I sample only those in the 9th grade, does this represent “high school students” in Florida or even in the same high school, No, because 9th graders may not be like 12 graders.
It is a natural tendency to think of population as “everyone.” but it may be a single school, a single grade or program at a school, a single business,a community, a state, people that represent a specific identity within a specific community, etc.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.