1. What is the symbolism underlying the title of Chapter 10 of Jim Wallis’ book that we read for today’s class?
2. What is meant by the “welcome table”? What are its biblical origins? What is the significance and symbolism for Black Americans? For all Americans?
3. What, according to Wallis, is meant by the “geography of race”? Do you agree? What are different forms that “relocation”? Is there any step toward “relocation” that you see as possible for yourself?
4. What is your take-way from the NY Times Podcast, “Still Processing” on the use of the N-word. Did anything surprise you as you listened to it? Was it hard to listen to?
Read & Review
Wallis, America’s Original Sin, pp. 167-219
LISTEN AND WATCH:
“Welcome Table” – Welcome Table (Links to an external site.)
NY Times Podcast, “Still Processing” on The Most Offensive Word in the English Language On the Use of the N Word (Links to an external site.)
Watch the film The Green Book
Answer discussion questions for this unit and reply to at least one classmate by Dec. 5th.
Students will have mastered the material in the module when they can:
Identify what is meant by the “geography of race”
Explain the significance of the image of the “welcome table”
In this unit, we will look at the concept that James Wallis calls ‘the geography of race.” Geography has a significant impact on race. Notice the significance of the symbol of a bridge as it is used in today’s reading from America’s Original Sin.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.