Financial Ratio Assignment-TESLA Company)
First, choose a publicly traded company to analyze this semester. Choosing a US company which has
been trading for more than 3 years will alleviate many issues (i.e. translating currencies).
Next, gather historic data on key financial statements of the firm from either SEC filings
(http://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/webusers.htm), Yahoo Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/) or the
firm’s own investor relations website. These include:
Cash Flow Statement
Also collect necessary information like stock price, shares outstanding, dividends paid, etc.
Then prepare a professional report to answer the following questions:
1. Compute the following ratios for the firm that you are analyzing, for the most recent period:
2. Comment on the financial condition of the firm in each of the above 5 categories in 2 or 3 sentences
each. Use the ratios of your firm as evidence of your assertions by comparing it to some benchmark
(historical ratios, competitors, market or industry average, etc.). If certain ratios are not applicable to
your firm (if your firm doesn’t have debt or inventory, for example), still write on these ratios and
how the absence of these items affects the firm – both the costs and benefits.
3. Decompose the ROE of your firm using the extended Du-Pont Analysis.
4. Compare these components of ROE for the firm’s current period its past periods to understand the
5. Compare these components of ROE for the firm’s with its major competitor(s).
6. Now use the trends from questions 4 and 5 along with your own forecast of future macro-economic
conditions to forecast the firm’s Earnings per share and cash flow per share. See the Sample
Financial statement analysis in the course content for an example. To do this:
a. First, make a common sized income statement for the last 3 to 5 years (every number as a
percentage of revenue/sales).
b. Next, measure the revenue growth for each year in the historical window.
c. Forecast future revenue growth both quantitatively (for example, using a linear fit trend
line/regression) and qualitatively.
d. Produce forecasted income statements for future years using your revenue growth projections
and common-sized balance sheets. Adjust items in income statement based on trends you see
in past data, competitors, and the economy as a whole.
Your grade will be based on the following rubric:
Question 1 18
Question 2 18
Question 3 9
Question 4 14
Question 5 13
Question 6 18
Overall Quality 10
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.